Below are various hespedim and azkara shiurim given l’chvod Rav Yosef Dov Soloveitchik zt”l, a.k.a. “The Rav”.
- Listen using the player below
- Click the “track lyrics” button or see the table below the audio player to read a detailed description of a shiur
- Click the download button next to a shiur to download that shiur
See the table below the player for details about the shiurim in this series.
|1||1993 Hesped for Rav zt”l||1:20:18||Hesped delivered by Rav Twersky in the Y.U. beis medrash after the Rav’s petirah in 1993|
|2||1995: Inyanei Tefillah, L’chvod the Rav’s Yahrzeit||52:22||Shiur on inyanei tefillah, given in Lamport Auditorium in 1995. Note: the sound system was poor back then – this shiur is best listened to in a quiet environment where you can listen carefully.|
|3||1997, L’chvod the Rav’s Yahrzeit||1:23:03||Yahrtzeit Shiur|
|4||2001, L’chvod the Rav’s Yahrzeit||1:13:34||Yahrtzeit Shiur|
|5||2003, L’chvod the Rav’s 10th Yahrzeit||1:14:33||– What does it mean when we say that the Rav was a gadol baTorah?|
— An accurate understading of the derech halimud of Rav Chaim & the Rav, i.e. the Brisker Derech.
— The responsibility of a rebbe to train talmidim how to learn
— The Rav worked hard in learning
— Chochmas haTalmud was the ikar (over nistar)
– The Rav’s impact in learning (Orach Chaim) and in machshava (Philosophy of Halacha)
– The Rav’s relationship to Modern Orthodoxy / Modernity. The future of that community.
|6||2013, L’chvod the Rav’s 20th Yahrzeit||36:12|
|7||2018: The Grandeur of Torah||13:38|
|8||Bonus Track: Rav Hershel Schachter’s 1993 Hesped for the Rav zt”l||1:30:52||Hesped delivered by Rav Schachter in the Y.U. beis medrash after the Rav’s petirah in 1993|